TN: 2015 Rhys Pinot Noir San Mateo County

2015 Rhys Pinot Noir San Mateo County - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, San Mateo County (8/22/2019)
I am glad that Rhys makes this wine, as it gives me something to drink while I endure the long wait for the SV wines. Deep cherry fruit and savory herbal/smoky elements come together in a seamless whole that is lightly but sufficiently framed by gentle tannins and modest acidity. It’s very drinkable right now, though it has plenty of stuffing, so more time won’t hurt. It’s just not necessary.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for sharing. I’m typically a big fan of this bottling. I love how on release it often has nice red fruit and spice and is so accessible right away. I bought a few of the '15 and wasn’t crazy about my first bottle, but it was an end of the night bottle popped and poured…

• 2015 Rhys Pinot Noir San Mateo County - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, San Mateo County (6/1/2019)
    A Spring Saturday at Dave’s Place: This felt a little tight tonight. Color in the glass is a classic bright, transparent red. There is nice underlying red and blue fruit and even hints of spice to this wine but I’m distracted by elements of toasted coconut and vanilla. Medium acid and tannin. The finish is fresh and bright but replays the coconut. This cuvee has usually been a favorite of mine but on this night I didn’t love it. (89 pts.)