TN: 2015 Hubert Lamy Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly

Thanks, Kent.

I’ll PnP into my Sensory glass and let the wine do its thing from there

If I had more of the 17 I wouldn’t touch it any time soon. Last nights bottle was rather dull and non-revealing. The nose was just pure apples and some alcohol. Palate was very acidic and just a touch of minerality. Fiish was medium length. I felt that on the back-end there was some burn which I equate to alcohol/oak. This just needs time.

If I was to compare this to a recent 2018 Marc Colin St. Aubin Montceau there is no comparison. The Marc Colin blew this out of the water.

I’ll try to hunt down some 15 and see what its like. I want to like this producer but it may just not be for me.

Last night I opened a 2014 Marc Colin St Aubin ‘La Combe’ which was quite spectacular. Lots of dry extract, richness, freshness and balance. Still rather youthful but settling down nicely.

1 Like

Crush offered mags of the 2014 today for $270/pop. The 750s were $55 on release.

Yep that offer was criminal.

I’m not sure it is that criminal. I’d probably buy a couple at that price. Harder to back-fill 2014. Great maker, great vineyard.

Less than a bottle of Coche BB.

WHWC offered 750ml 2018 Saint Aubin Haute Densite for $235 a bottle yesterday

That is a very good price Chris. Not that far off what wholesale is here, and we get a measly single bottle allocated. You guys tend to “whine like a Chevy diff” about pricing without realising how lucky you are!

Jeremy, “fair” is not printed on your birth certificate! neener

Us, complain? No, never.

I thought that was a really good price as well. Now I know it was.