TN: 2015 François Chidaine Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos du Breuil

2015 François Chidaine Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos du Breuil - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Montlouis-sur-Loire (2/12/2017)
Not sure quite what to expect with the driest wine in the portfolio in a warmer vintage, but this a great success. Shows medium depth and intensity, excellent flavor and complexity, some nice saline umami character, and just a hint of mouthwatering tartness. Not a whole lot of dry minerality, with a little more flesh and flavor than in cooler vintages, but a very tasty and balanced wine. Quite delicious. (92 pts.)

Good to hear. Breuil was the only '15 Chidaine sec I bought.

Figured I would get on board, as I had not tried any 15 Breuil yet. Found this one on a retail shelf back East, priced well too at $29.

• 2015 François Chidaine Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos du Breuil - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Montlouis-sur-Loire (8/11/2017)
    Opened and poured right to glass for this note. Lime skin, apricot, light honey, brisk pineapple with a tart core and finishing saline. Thus mineral/saline quality is persistent into the finish.

Posted from CellarTracker

This is refreshing, leaner toned and lacking some of the depth of the best years for Breuil.

2015 François Chidaine Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos du Breuil - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Montlouis-sur-Loire (11/21/2017)
– popped and poured –
– tasted non-blind over 3 – 4 hours –

NOSE: rich; gewurztraminer-esque, without the spice; honey; moderately expressive.

BODY: medium-light to medium bodied; rich maize color: {forgot to note wine’s weight}

TASTE: rich flavor; high acidity; super dry; medium back-end and mid palate mineral note; if this puts on a bit of weight/fruit with cellaring then it will be stupendous. This really came alive with food (pan-fried chicken with sweet potato slices), therefore I have scored it both with and without food, below.

(91 - 94 pts.)
without food: 50, 5, 12, 16, 8 = 91
with food: 50, 5, 12, 18, 9 = 94