TN: 2015 Cuilleron Cavanos, 2013 Aurelien Verset Les Condemennes

I grabbed some Cuilleron on the advice of some here, and it is fantastic. CT said drinking window was 2025-2035, but this was just fantastic now.
Garrique, smoked meat, and currants on the nose, with ample acidity and tannin on the nose with great purity and power. This will definitely get better in time but is pretty tasty. Went well with lamb shank.

The Verdet was a last bottle purchase and $19 a bottle. This is just fantastic for the price. Condemennes is a lieu dit that’s directly next to Charmes, and has many of the same qualities. I think Verdet is a little maligned by some as being overly modern, and this is the tiniest bit glossy, but in my opinion it’s not overburdened by new oak. Lovely aromatics, with a hint of cherries and florals as well as a rich, opulent palate that is surprising for the 2013 vintage. Just fantastic.

Thanks for the TN on the Verdet. I was going open my 375ml this weekend. Would you hold on to it longer or would you drink it now?

They had a $70 (current lowest WS price) for $19/bttle? wow.

I thought it was fantastic now.

The 2013 and 2014 Verdet wines I’ve had were fantastic. Wish I could find more locally.

Thanks for the notes.

I got a bunch from K&L before, it was pretty cheap

A little surprised there’s less chatter about the cuilleron; seems like under the radar n. Rhône’s are popular here.

Glad you like the Verdet. I bought some 13 Vosne and found them all almost undrinkable due to the oak.

Cuilleron makes some very solid stuff but I think it sometimes falls a bit in between the classic and modern divide.

So far I’ve opened haut cote de nuits lieu dit, vr, and the cm condemennes and have enjoyed them all.