TN: 2015 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly Cuvée Godefroy

• 2015 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly Cuvée Godefroy - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Côte de Brouilly (3/22/2018)
    Just had the 15 Zaccharie, which is insane, and this Cuvee Godefroy has definitely eased up on the pedal. Wonderful fresh crushed berries…raspberry/cherry/strawberry…but more on the grapey Gamay side. Showing a nice refinement and purity…pretty florals and potpourri spices…more subtlety and softness with the sour tart acidity…juicy and not as much depth in minerality and earth as the Z. Still quite tasty in an easy drinking style. But again…for $23 bucks…makes me happy! (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Good to see the weekday wines along with heavy hitters on the weekends.

Nice note Buzz.

Thanks for these notes. I have been trying to avoid this vintage as the ripeness and alcohol levels from some addresses have been too much for me but was just accidentally delivered the 2015 vintage of this producer’s Les Griottes de Brulhié. Hopefully it is as good as at least this one!

Please post your thoughts once you try it! Haven’t had the opportunity to try this cuvée.

Where are you getting it for $23?

Sure, will do. That said the few notes on CT do paint a picture of a fairly tight and unforgiving wine with not that much to offer at this point so we’ll see if I opt to drink my 2016 Bojos first.

Drinking the regular 2015 Thivin today, and wow am I enjoying this. Either my palate has changed or the 2015 is more to my liking, as the 2012 did very little for me.

The “regular” 2015 Thivin is an awesome wine and after trying most (if not all) of the cuvées I’m not sure any of them are better, save for the Zaccharie…

Yup. The 2015 Thivin was my wine of the vintage, outside of the Metras Fleurie. The Chanrion CdB is really good, too.