TN: 2015 Château Canon (France, Bordeaux, Libournais, St. Émilion Grand Cru)

i found it sitting on a shelf at that in FL last year about this time and couldnt believe it. I will definitely check that spot again when im down there for thanksgiving this year… just in case! haha

I have heard that said, but was always perplexed as to why that should be the case. Have you ever heard an explanation?

The 1919 was still 13.1% and the 1923 12.8% incidentally.

Researchers at Mouton Rothschild shares that with me. There are numerous chemists on this board that can explain how and why it takes place. It could just be evaporation.

Those are high alcohol levels for Burgs!

Alcohol evaporates, and it does so at a more rapid rate than water, so I would be surprised to hear anything different.

If you are concerned about alcohol evaporating in your older wines, you could just pour yourself an extra glass to correct for that.

I’ll likely be gone before the alcohol in my wines, but I’ll keep that in mind, Arv! [cheers.gif]

I for one am thrilled to have procured some 2015 Canon at the early release pricing. I have never had Canon, but there will be a first time. FWIW, I did get to taste a bunch of ‘15’s last winter at Spec’s in Houston, not Canon, and I also will be very happy someday with the bunch of them. I think these wines will be enjoyable at a relatively early age. And for a long time.