TN: 2015 Alain Hudelot-Noellat Bourgogne (France, Burgundy, Bourgogne)

Same bullshit argument that people use when I trash Pavie, Marcassin, Pape Clement, etc.

Funny thing is, I wasn’t giving an opinion on two board favourite Domaines, just giving two personal data points on wines that many may be interested in but not had chance to taste yet.

Total overreaction to an opinion on 2 bottles of wine.

Yeah, but I don’t understand why you didn’t put the edits in the first time around. It’s certainly ok to disagree with the predominant board darlings, but to tell us a bottle is terrible and not happen to mention that it might have been slightly corked seems a little odd. the bottles of the 15 H-N bourgogne that I’ve had have been delicious. I like the Chevillon quite a bit as well.

Actually, it didn’t taste corked. That was just a hypothesis.

Your opinion is your opinion. I am a big fan of the wines of Hudelot-Noellat. There is nothing saying you have to be.

[David’s obnoxious, over the top comments are why I have him on ignore.]

FYI-Being on ignore from Howard is a badge of honor.

Hate to highjack the thread but has anyone had any Domaine Maume Bourgogne rouge lately? I love that producer but haven’t tasted their entry level in a few years. Always seemed reasonably priced to me.

The 2014 was delicious, and elegant. I drank all my bottles much too quickly.

Same!

I believe the handover to Marchand-Tawse was completed a couple years ago.

Yes it was. It’s still Maume. Easier to say. :wink:

I enjoyed their 47 N.

30 years ago I was friends with one of his sons, got to visit him in Gevrey once.

Can someone start a poll of your “top 3” favorite Bourgogne? So far I’m at Hudelot-Noellat, Meo, and TBD #3.

Arnoux, Hudelot and Labet for me

I guess you missed the bit where I said I enjoyed HN EP.

I can’t say David has been a joy to interact with either.

Ha. Well I’m not going anywhere.