TN: 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Eola - Amity Hills

Lithe and elegant, with excellent concentration, with floral berried fruit and appealing hints of menthol and mint. The fruit clings to a thin layer of tannin and is enhanced by a twist of acidity. Really delicious and punching well above its weight.

Had the 2014 Zenith tonight. Tasty but didn’t taste like any other Vincent Pinot I’ve had to date. Pretty viscous and dense stuff, lacking the lithe elegance IMO. I’m not really a fan of many 14’s so it’s not a knock on Vincent.

Thanks for the notes guys. The 2014s have taught me about how wines can calm down in barrel and bottle. Most are way more elegant than I expected from the start. The exception is Zenith. It shows the size of the vintage more than any other of my 14s. I honestly thought most people - and the critics! - would be all over that wine but I see other wines getting more love. Fascinating. I thought zenith would be my “Parker” wine but no. Kinda makes me feel good, and that zenith is still nice in its idiom. Just different. Good call on that Ron.

the 11 Zenith was a beauty.
92 Points
Touch of earth and mushroom, very floral. mid is clear with bright red berries (cranberry and sour cherry). Bright acidity. Touch of spice and cola. Long sweet and sour finish. Delicious!