TN: 2014 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs Côte de Val Vilaine

Different. Better young. Doesnt require age to be delicious.

I have an irrational love for cedric bouchard so I am the wrong person to ask.

At $150-$160, sure, I’d buy other things. But the Ursules has a lot more varied pricing in the market than Dom or Krug. At $130 it’s iffy but I picked up a bunch of the ‘14 locally in Nor Cal for $89, no brainer at that price.

This I get. Yes.

Right. I’m seeing it more like $130ish these days, and that’s not far from what I just paid for '08 Dom. And I 'm not irrational, like some people [wink.gif]

Thanks for the feedback guys.

For me, absolutely; but you’re comparing chalk and cheese.

For me too
2014 Ursules is awesome. Hard to find better Champagne

Agreed. But regardless of QPR, none of his bottles last long in my cellar. I could drink a bottle a night of the stuff if it wouldn’t make me a broke, raging alcoholic…

Well, I guess you guys are gonna make me do it. Thanks a lot. [drinkers.gif]

As much as I love Val Vilaine, I’m still kicking myself for only buying one bottle of La Boloree last year.

It can be found sub $90 at which it’s one of the best QPRs around.

Just got the 13 Ursules for $85.

Thoughts on if Bouchard did well with the 17 Val Vilaine? I’m assuming so, but thought I’d throw it out there.

When I visited last month, we only went as recent as 16 Val Vilaine, which is superb. But in general, I think if Cédric bottles it, it’s worth drinking. He is absolutely uncompromising at harvest time, and will sometimes even leave ostensibly perfect fruit on the vine if his intuition tells him it isn’t interesting.

This!!