TN: 2014 Domaine Louis Michel Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir

Whoops!

At least I bought a case, so it’s no big deal. Lots of runway for this wine, but the last few ounces, which had gotten a good bit of air, were really good. Fresh citrus and apple peel, bright acidity, and a lingering depth of flavor really filled out on the finish. I would take a sip, think “nice”, but on the back palate recognize a degree of gravitas. Looking forward to my next bottle, without throwing half of it into some rice.

Posted from CellarTracker

Great producer, I’ve only had his 1er Cru wines, but have loved them all. I also made risotto last night, but cheated and used some hsiao xing rice wine. I’m sure it wasn’t as good as yours, but looking forward to making risotto cakes with the leftover tonight.

1 Like

I appreciate the glimpse.
I have several and the first couple of bottles were so young and closed that I vowed 5 years before trying another - I’m two years into that vow.
Best, jim

Are yours 375 or 750s?

David
Thanks for the note. I keep some red and white wine from unfinished bottles in the freezer. I measure them out in half cup silicone ice trays (I think they’re made for freezing pet food). Still, we’ve done the same, cooking with a fine wine once or twice.
Every time I open a Louis Michel Chablis (for drinking, not cooking), I think “why don’t I buy more of this?” In fact, I think I posted a thread here saying just that.
Cheers,
Warren

I often say that I need to buy some “white wine I can use for cooking.” Then I go out and buy Pepiere Clisson, Fevre or Michel Chablis, or maybe some Schloss Gobelsburg Gruner Veltliner. Whoops!

Then letting them sit a while longer makes sense.

Drank this tonight. Terrific!

One plus to bottling for wineries is getting wines that I don’t hesitate in using for that. The request doesn’t happen that often, but when it does, I don’t have to think about what to donate to the cause. The wines are certainly drinkable, but it’s not like I have to open one that I didn’t want to use for that purpose. It’s never the whole bottle, usually 4-8 ounces.