TN: 2014 Ch. Les Carmes Haut Brion: And, who made this wine?

our notes can be portrayed strictly through props…we never even have to say a word

Ex. For our franc:

We show the bottle:

-followed by-

a green tobacco leaf
a sliver of green pepper
Corey’s old worn out BDSM approved Cat o’ 9tails
some earth
and a dirty ash tray

That would work, but I think it has been done before. What was the name of that funny, goofy guy that always did those little wine video clips?

I actually think now that the wine advocate is dying a slow and excruciatingly painful death, that we should seek to acquire the TWA trademark. Those in the know - that - being our 18 elite subscribers - would of course know that it stands for “Thin Weedy Acidic”.

or the antithesis of Leve with:

the Wine Cellar ‘Outsiders’

U can be Dallas
I’ll be Johnny
Corey can be…Pony Boy

We can beat the shit out of the High Octane, Over Extracted, Pompous Oak loving Wine Socs with our dirty tactic AFWE super powers.

Stay Gold Pony Boy, Stay Gold

Is that why Bobby had been texting me, asking to go on a pony ride?

Yes flirtysmile

Broke Back Mountain-Cheek Chiller Chaps… the sequel pileon

Guillaume Pouthier (who was at Chapoutier through 2011) is the winemaker, and there’s been huge investments in this Chateau as well (it’s an incredible visit)… I tasted the 2014, 2015 and 2016 with him earlier this year… the 2015 and 2016 are bigger, richer wines, and of the three, I suspect the '14 is probably more in your wheelhouse. All three are beautiful wines though.

Do you need a Sodapop? You can jump me in by drinking some of that screechy Breton (et. al.) stuff.

Charlie, I thought you’d never ask…welcome to the club! [cheers.gif]

You need a burgundy writer

Good point. I heard Meadows was looking for a job. [wow.gif]

Johnny NYC is gonna kill me, this Les Carmes on night two is showing a refreshing streak of salinity. Some of the sweetness of the tannins has dissipated.

Modern, or is it post-modern (?), done well. Glad to have this wine.

Thanks, Jeb and Jeff, for the insight on the winemaking here.

Ok I guess I have to through some points at this thing. (92 pts.)

The best way to do points is to take Jeff’s points and subtract them from 100. The difference is the correct number of points for the wine. [snort.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

No campaign to boost brett levels?

That salinity is just the aftertaste from the Gatorade you had after your ride.

Ha, shows how little you know! Gatorade is for the Coca Cola and modern Bordeaux crowd! Real jocks drink Accelerade, powdered sodium and protein goodness with no nasty sweetness.

No BS, went through 6, 28-ounce water bottles on my Saturday ride, 3 of them had Accelerade. It’s Afrika Hot down here.

Two words… Skratch labs.

And how the hell do you go through 6 bottles on a ride?? You Florida wussies have follow cars or something? :wink:

always good to have an extra set of eyes John [thumbs-up.gif]

OK. I’ll be watching for “powdered sodium” in your next tasting note.

So Accelerade is the AFWE of sports drinks…good to know!

Lol, the real racers have domestiques, yes?!

Nah man, first 65 miles on 3 bottles, 2 on the tube, one in the jersey. The “race” part of the Saturday ride ends a few miles before a 7-11, refill, ride the remaining 17 miles home at easy pace. In this heat, 3 bottles, iced, go down fast, you are essentially dying to rehydrate. The rest of the day is recovery. To be candid, the remainder of the day kinda sucks. You are wiped. That’s cycling in Florida in July and August. Sunday is a shorter version.

I’ll check out that Skratch labs, was just on the site.

I scrolled down without reading too many of the middle posts and thought you were drinking 6 bottles of Les Carmes while riding [shock.gif]