TN: 2013 Domaine Alain Michelot Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Champs Perdrix

2013 Domaine Alain Michelot Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Champs Perdrix - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (9/9/2022)
I opened and loved a 2013 Michelot MSD not long ago, and so decided to try this NSG 1er. Not the best idea. After a couple of hours of air it is only starting to reveal the beginnings of aromatic complexity. The palate is more interesting, and has a lovely bass note richness, but it’s still clearly holding a lot in reserve, and needs additional time for the tannins to soften. Wait several more years.

1 Like

Had a half bottle of an 2011 of this that was drinking quite fine last summer near Clesse for lunch. Seems these aren’t for early drinking!

1 Like

But I thought all Burgundy was better in the first 8 years after release!?!?! :rofl:

(for those who don’t know that is a reference to a long ago comment from a Wine Advocate reviewer of Burgundy NOT named William Kelley)

Thank you for the note on a 2013 NSG. Not Michelot but a Gouges 2013 Porrets that I picked up yesterday and put back to sleep.

2 Likes

good to know; I was contemplating opening one of mine… (Gouges Porrets 2013)

Last glass tonight was not any more open than it was after three hours of air.

Leave it in the cellar.