TN: 2012 Pierre Gonon St. Joseph

I think you could get the 2005 in the US at around $30, maybe even a bit less. Mid-30’s with less of a search.

-Al

I definitely paid much, much less than 89 EUR for the regular - so someone with taking advantage, and it’s not the estate itself. But quantity is limited.

Well, like I said surely there are still ways to buy it cheaper but I think it is getting harder and harder. That said also this particular retailer was selling it for a lot cheaper only a short time ago. A friend has been buying the wine via the subscription model from a small retailer for many years and also there the price has been going up every vintage for many years in a row now. Good for you if you can still buy it for 40-50 €!

In 2012, when I was in the distribution business, we wholesaled the 2009 at $36. I think we even sampled a few bottles. Then the next year we had to allocate it, I believe.

Not going into who bought at lowest prices competition here, but simply illustrating the rapid rise in US prices by these wines.
It may have been allocated, I can’t recall, but purchased 6 bottles of 2009s from emailed marketing by local store at under $30 per.

Yeah they also blasted the 2010 twice, first tranche was 32 and a big price hike a couple months later to 33, and then a third tranche a few months after that at the same price.

Sounding more and more like Chambers to me newhere

I recall started buying from CSW with 2007s at $26 per (thanks, Salil !). Kept a few bottles for posterity.

So, this crap is now at $100 per! Mon dieu! [cheers.gif]

Just to provide some data points, I bought the 2012 Gonon on release from three different retailers:

Crush - $53.48
Premier Cru - $42.99 (and I actually got them!)
Chambers St. - $35.09

Out of curiosity, when people list US prices on there, is this always all taxes included?

These are my prices as I entered them in CellarTracker. I include tax and shipping to the extent they are charged so the amounts reflect my actual cost. Others choose to enter the price without including tax and/or shipping.

The wine was ~€17-- ex-cellars a couple of years ago.
I would be surprised if that has changed much.

No, but it really should since that IS the price you paid for it. Shipping should be included also if that is used. Nothing in life is free.

Comes out better for Manhattan buyers at Chambers and Crush. Usual 10% off of case purchase, mixed or not, plus free shipping.