TN: 2012 Myriad Cellars Syrah Esther Block Las Madres Vineyard

• 2012 Myriad Cellars Syrah Esther Block Las Madres Vineyard - USA, California, Napa / Sonoma, Carneros (2/1/2014)
    Dark crimson and purple edges. Nose of pure blueberries, white pepper and black olive. I sense hints of cola and cardamom. Palate shows a deft balance of blue and black fruits with some dried herbs, peppercorns and more. Love the attack across the tongue on this. Distinctiveness to share, this ones pedigree shows through beautifully. Always slightly riper than the Quivet also made by Mike Smith, Mike increasingly shows his proficiency in this site as the years march on. As this sits the nose takes on an interesting element of petroleum and adds a perfume quality that you can’t help but love. Tannins are perfectly aligned and somewhat complicated and acidity sits a quarter note above all else; a good place for sure. Life ‘r’ good. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Mike, thanks for the early note on this. What’s your gut tell you in terms of how long to cellar?

You’re asking Pobega about aging his Myriads? [rofl.gif]

lol.

I don’t see any reason these won’t show well for 3-5 years, but as Brian eluded to, mine will all be gone in 2.

Hmmmm. Mike…was this on your doorstep 1hr or 2 before you opened it??? [snort.gif]
JohnPainters LasMadres Vnyd is one of the truly great Syrah vnyds in Calif. Across the board,
always stunning wines.
Tom

I had an 09 of this last night. It was drinking VERY well.