TN: 2012 Dom Perignon

We might have to table the '08 Krug for the dinner after the next one so we can do the '02’s. I got a 3-pack of the P2 delivered yesterday, thought about opening last night, but figured best to let it rest in the cellar for a few weeks. Since I have no original release left, I will bring the P2 to the next dinner.

Decided on the 17 ultramarine Blanc de Blanc and glad I did. It’s fantastic!

Had my first bottle. Totally agree with this post. This is special!!

1 Like

Have 4. Might pop one this next weekend with my mom. Or the 07 Comtes rose

Bought 3 at Costco and put them away.
Based on the tastings here I will purchase more and open one immediately.
Thanks

champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

Same. Got to get down to the Huntington Costco again.

I thought I grabbed the last 2 bottles.
When I picked up the 2 I saw there was more. I said if I knew you had more I would have bought another bottle. She grabbed another and I paid separately as she said we have cases!

Funny, I didn’t like the ‘06 on release, but had an n of one. It’s much better now.

Cheers
Warren

I really liked 06 on release. 09 was a bit plush and 08 was good but tight. 12 was superb and 10 was garbage. We had 06 a couple years ago and it wasn’t as good as on release.

Last time I had that…it was fire!

1 Like

09 is garbage and not even worth buying. If you like boring overpriced champagne, you buy '09 dom p.

I don’t think 09 has shown well in the last couple years. I think in the long term it will be very good, though, sorta like Krug 165.

06 was crazy good around 16-17.

So insightful!
We don’t drink anywhere near the champagne that WB’s drink.
My family loves rose champagne. I love both.
I buy both but I fight to drink any whites.
Anyone have this issue?
champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif

Well the last time I checked was Christmas time and there was some. I don’t live down there so who knows now.

Do you mean you fight yourself to drink whites, as in you do not seem to like white wines…or do you mean your family does not seem to like white wines and you want to drink white wines?

My father-in-law does not seem to appreciate white wines. He’s always willing to try them, but he seems far more interested and seems to get more joy out of red wines. It’s ok if you or others aren’t into whites. Maybe in time that will shift?

I know for me in the summer I drink far less red wine. It’s just more refreshing to drink a Riesling or Champagne than it is to drink Cabernet and sometimes even Pinot Noir.

I’ve been big into Champagne and Chards recently, even though the majority of what I drink is Cali reds.

I’m not sure what price range you’re comfortable with, or what type of Chardonnay you prefer…but there is a whole world of whites out there that you can branch out to try from there that are very interesting. If you have not tried a Goodfellow Chardonnay…do yourself a favor and snag one somewhere. They are a wonderful treat…

I’ve had Flanagan Platt Chard, super fantastic. Got some from VV, and getting some from Rivers Marie and some from Flanagan again. Thanks for the suggestion!

The family loves to drink white wines specifically Chardonnay.
However when it comes to drinking champagne they want rose. Thus if I suggest opening a Dom Perignon they ask is it rose?