TN: 2011 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Corton Charlemagne.

I have both the 2011 CC and MP from PYCM. About ten days ago we drank the MP next to a Pierre Morey MP 1988 (from Jasper Morris’s cellar). The 1988 was still really vibrant and had wonderful aromatic complexity. The 11 PYCM was very slow out of the blocks but gradually reined in the 1988 over 3-4 hours as it slowly opened up. This is a very young wine and if you are going to open one I would advise drinking it over 2-3 days as I did with a second bottle this week. On days two and three it was thrilling. Touch wood I have never had a premoxed PYCM, and I think this wine could last 2-3 decades if it doesn’t succumb.

I also think he makes the best Bienvenue I have ever tasted, besting Ramonet.

+1. His Bienvenue may be my favorite of his grand crus. Especially the 08.

His 2016 CC was my wine of the vintage…

Had the 10’ BBM thanks to Ed recently. Was very nice, though maybe we probably didn’t catch it at peak. Was surprised by how fresh it was.

Thanks Bill, I got a few of these plus Chassagne Baudines. Will wait a few years though. I suppose / hope these can age 5-8 years without fearing premox…
Réf 2014, 2015 and 2016 whites in what order would you open them?

I’m not Bill, but I do drink a lot of WB. Based on tastings, I think 15 will drink best young, followed by 16 then 14 last. The 14s are spectacular and should age quite well.

I agree with Larry. And with respect to the 2014’s, a fantastic vintage, many are tight and not early drinkers, but occasionally they are like the 2012’s and great young. So don’t be afraid to try them.

STRONGLY considering this wine for Charleston next year, Robert.
Thanks for the note, Alan

Thanks for the advice. While I love the 2014s young, I will refrain from opening the top wines…but I cannot keep my hands off the villages, the Chablis 1er., the Meursault and pretty much all. So delicious! Even very young

funny, we opened his 11 Meursault Narvaux on Friday on a whim with sushi (great match). beautiful wine, obviously not in the same league as the Perrieres or CC I would imagine. Still, such a clean, strong, vibrant wine. He has mastered walking the line on the edge of reduction.