TN: 2011 | Les Cherbaudes | Les Gaudichots | Clos Vougeot |

By the way both 2011 Jean-Marie Fourrier Clos de Vougeot & Echezeaux (negoce) were outstanding !

Agreed!!!

Clos Vougeot and Echezeaux are “new” for Fourrier?

Griotte & CSJ excluded, I use to prefer Combe Aux Moines. Starting around '07, Champeaux has nudged it out.

I am eager to try Fourrier’s '11 negoc wines!

Yes. First wines in his negoce operation.

Does the cork of this test bottle of Fourrier Cherbaudes 01 has the print of FS ?

Judging from what you said in post No.15, guess I should hang onto the CSJ for a few more years.

My Clos Vougeot have landed and I am just looking for a time soon to try one.
Wallys had mags of the Ech for a bit, but I just couldn’t pull the trigger!

Four bottles were drunk in quick succession and all pristine, superb, FS marked cork. Curiously the only failed bottle I had(a CSJ) was sealed with a non FS cork.

Tom…thanks for the quick reply.

Very interesting comments re FS marked cork. Curiously the only failed bottle I had(a CSJ) was sealed with a non FS cork.*

So far all my Fourrier 2001 which were open all have FS corks and nothing wrong with them except they need more bottle age.

So I was right on keep repeating that I more I know Burgundy, the less I know.

Charlie Fu would most probably said : Men - that is Burgundy !!! neener

Why Les Gaudichots? … La Tache, it’s better! flirtysmile

Btw, - Fourrier will have Amoureuses, Clos de Beze (negoce) !

Barry, this is awesome news. What vintage?

I think 2013 … no idea where the fruit is coming from for the Fourrier.

Barry, that’s great news. I hope a bottle or two makes it to NZ!

Personally, I prefer Combe Aux Moines to Cherbaudes in most vintages I have had. A 2007 CAM I had earlier this year was absolutely sensational, one of my 2013 WOTY, shared with friends who promptly bought out the remaining stock of our only supplier, leaving only two more bottles for me! The 2008 CAM I tried recently was also very.good, but should have been left a few years longer, and given more air.

Like many here one of my favourite domains - I hope to visit in June.

Sounds like the 2007 Aux Moines is more mature version of 11’, have to hunt down a bottle to try.

Sounds like the 2007 Aux Moines is more mature version of 11’, have to hunt down a bottle to try.

Cool. I suggest decanting an hour or so before drinking. Please post a note, I’d be interested to hear what you think.

I have had both the 07 CSJ and Combes Aux Moines in the past month, both pop and pour at a restaurant. The CSJ was just beautiful, silky an polished, expressive red fruits with spice and a perfume that was hard to get my nose out of. Flat out fantastic showing.

Because of this showing, I decided to open the CAM last weekend. It was much more closed. With a lot of coaxing some dark fruit, earth and savauge notes. More angular with some tannic bite on the finish. The material is underneath and potential is noticeable. It is just not popping at the moment. If you open, give it a good decant. I plan to burry the rest of mine for a while and try one again in 3-5 years.