TN: 2011 Gerard Boulay Sancerre Rose'

Salmon pink color in the glass, with a nose that speaks of strawberries and minerality.

Tangy acidity really frames the sweet fruit here; very lively, very dry, and really a perfect summer wine.

This is the fourth Boulay wine I’ve had in the past week, the cheapest, and for current consumption the absolute tastiest right now. And that is not to diminish the merits of the La Cote’ & Mont Damnes, which were very cool wines in their own right but still too young to really shine. But this is the kind of wine that is built for August heat in Philadelphia, and I could easily see blowing through a case of this in a couple of months if I had that much. Very nice rose’! [cheers.gif]

[basic-smile.gif] Great stuff.

Bobbo, I’ll try to find. I had a Cotat Chavignol Rose a year or so ago, it was quite pricey, that was terrific. With the record july heat in these parts, I’ve been drinking lots of 2011 Rose, and really loving the mourvedre based varieties, from Pradeaux to Tempier on ther round side and Pibarnon and Tablas Creek on the more assertive side… as I’ve said before, this ain’t my momma’s mateus or lancers…

I did not know this wine even existed, but I want some.

Had the 10 Cotat with lunch today, superb with yum cha. Thanks for the note Bob.
Cheers
Jeremy

Thanks for the note. I just ordered some.

Byron

It was great while it lasted.

[cry.gif]