TN: 2010 Soliste Cellars Pinot Noir T-Block Sonatera Vineyard

• 2010 Soliste Cellars Pinot Noir T-Block Sonatera Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/13/2015)
    The closest thing to burgundy I have drank from CA. Fragrant nose of red fruit and earth. On the palate dark cherry, black tea and earth. Great texture and mouthfeel. A complex wine that is drinking well now. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

After reading a few posts about this wine I decided to give it a try. Bought the recent vintage and asked the winery about a library wine that expresses their style and is drinking well. Their recommendation was the wine above. I must say that I am quite impressed with this wine. I have the tragic flaw of comparing PN with Burgundies but I have to say that this wine delivered at an intellectual level that I have found in very few CA Pinots. And yes, it was also delicious.

13.3% alc , from the taste and nose profile stems are used. Single clone wine.

Thanks Sebastian. Curious, how did you find the acidity in the wine? My only nit with the Soliste pinots I’ve had thus far has been a lack of balancing acidity. Lovely aromatics and flavors for sure.

I cannot stand flabby wines no matter how complex they seem, so for my taste this wine was quite fresh. I can still recall the nice zest on the finish. I purposely did not want to open the current vintage, reason why I got this 2010 library wine and try to get a sense on how they might evolve. Jury not out on its QPR but at $85 it is not cheap.

Sebastian- If you haven’t had a chance to try the Narcisse give one a shot. They made it in 2012 and it’s quite good. Mix of barrels that didn’t make the mono clone wines.

I have some 2012 1cru Chambolle coming and I’m going to do a blind tasting against the 12 Esperance. Should be fun and interesting to compare especially the qpr component.

cheers

I really liked the wine but the prices are steep. I have bought a few to cellar on what seem good vintages, but i will likely hold on to them and rely on others notes to see how they evolve. They are very good Ill give you that.

Sebastian- I hear you on the prices for the top end wines. The Narcisse is $45 and I would put it up against other top Appellation and some SVD wines from other wineries. Something to drink while you give the mono clone wines some time.

Cheers

I do not see that wine available anywhere on their website.

They released it in Nov/Dec. They should still have some available. I emailed Don a few weeks ago to get some. Here’s a link to it that came up via Wine-Searcher

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/soliste+pinot+noir+narcisse/2012