TN: 2010 Lucien Le Moine Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatières

• 2010 Lucien Le Moine Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (6/10/2016)
    Pours out an intense colour with green hues. It is deep, thick and powerful. There are some lactic notes along with guava, peach, green melon and white flowers. It is rich, dense and powerful with sappy orchard fruit flavours and a finish that powers on. For all that is going on it is a compact wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

I had a Perrieres 2010 from le Moine I really liked . You’re always in for a surprise with him…

Gents,
I liked his Genevrieres. I dare say his style reminds me a bit of DRC Monty, really ripe and full.

• 2010 Lucien Le Moine Meursault 1er Cru Les Genevrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (5/31/2016)
    TN: Trump BdB, Chardonnay, Piedmont and Burgundy (The Grill Room at Rosewood DC): Very rich yellow fruit driven nose, lemon curd, apple tart, sweet spices and flint. Flint is more noticeable with air, showing a bit of Coche-esque profile but with much riper fruit expression. This must have shown really well in barrel with opulent fruit and richness. Although very rich, this has no sign of premox. Based on my limited experiences, Le Moine whites have high rate of premox. Luckily this is showing really well. I highly recommend a couple hours of decanting to bring out the matchstick/flint note. (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Herwig, I have worked through a mixed case of his 08 and 10 Bourgogne Blanc. Both wines absolutely over-deliver.

Kevin, I think you are right with the DRC Monty comparison. Ripe, dense, oaky wines with a touch of the tropical but proportion and balance is good.

at Don Cornwell’s dinners, we have had quite a bit of Le Moine premox issues. Glad you haven’t.

Alan,
I also experienced the high rate of Premox. It just that when they are on, they are really excellent. This demonstrates the issue of barrel tasting as these wines like that of Lafon should have shown incredible well in barrel.