TN: 2010 Francesco Clerico Barolo Colonnello (Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo)

Italy has not released me yet. This is the longest flirtation I have had with her in my 35 years of enjoying wine. Since my trip this past March I can’t stop exploring her ‘wares’. This one is quite amazing and while all of those fantastic 2013s seem enticing, do I really have 10-20 years to wait, and I am just speaking of my patience. :slight_smile:

• 2010 Francesco Clerico Barolo Colonnello - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (12/10/2017)
    At first, Nose of dried oregano intermixed with matured black-red fruits of black cherry, red plums and rose hips. Color shows some bricking. With about an hour open the dried oregano fleshes out and what unfolds for you is quite amazing: Palate has a nice depth and presence with the black cherry, gravel and earthiness. It seems a nicely evolved and matured Barolo with great intensity and finesse. Balance is quite nice on this and tannins, while feminine in feel are in control. This is a wonderfully fragrant, approachable and polished while that has a long and exacting finish that is a wonderful déjà vu of what the tongue had just experienced. Quite the value at $40. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like