TN: 2010 Domaine Belluard Gringet Vin de Savoie Le Feu (France, Savoie, Vin de Savoie)

2010 Domaine Belluard Gringet Vin de Savoie Le Feu - France, Savoie, Vin de Savoie (3/22/2015)
Quick splash in my glass before adding a 1/2 cup to the soup pot, and it’s a delicious splash. Plenty of palate richness, ripe tree fruit, bordering on tropical, and a clean, persistent mid-palate and finish. I like the depth here, as it can stand in for other full-bodied whites without being oaky or buttery. Drinking very well now, though with so little experience with these wines I cannot say what age might do for it.

Posted from CellarTracker

Lucky soup.

For me the Belluard wines are just about the best wines I’ve discovered through Garagiste. Love the whites, and his sparklers are really nice too, lean but with real flavor and minerality. Not sure if they’ll age into something better than they are on release (I’ve had one or two show a bit of oxy with age), but they’re really nice wines, and very reasonably priced for the quality.

Are these like Boniface’s Apremont’s? I don’t think I’ve heard of these before.

Arv, I haven’t had an Apremont by Boniface, but I have had quite a few by Jean Masson - the obvious difference is grape (i.e., Gringet versus Jacquere).

That said, Belluard wines can be lean/delineated/chiseled (or however you choose to describe that “focus”), and in that respect, I can see a similarity to Apremont.

Like David, I don’t have a lot of experience with these wines, but have also wondered how they might age.