TN: 2010 Copain Syrah Les Voisins (USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands)

The Les Voisins Syrah for 2010 was a blend of Halcon, Hawkes Butte and High Rock Ranch. 3 great cool climate sites in the Yorkville Highlands almost in a direct line down the hill from Halcon to Hawks Butte and then to High Rock. They come together nicely and drink well for the price.

• 2010 Copain Syrah Les Voisins - USA, California, North Coast, Yorkville Highlands (1/28/2013)
    Been sitting on 3 of these since release so I figured it was time to take a look at it. The nose is a bit yeasty but also has a kind of Mourvèdre floral aroma that jumps out of the glass. Creamy red and blue fruit, nice round body without a lot of weight, juicy, a bit tart with firm/slightly green tannins. Needs a day to really blossom. 13% ABV, nice! Wells gets it.
    image.jpg

Posted from CellarTracker

I just had one of these too. It’s not quite as aromatic as the 2009 but both of these LV Syrahs really over-deliver on the nose. It has a very easy drinking style but a lot of character.

Nice. I haven’t tried the 2010, but I’ve liked previous vintages of the Les Voisins. Cheers.

I believe that Les Voisins and the more casual Tous Ensemble deliver some of the best values to be found. Anywhere. With or without the member discount.