TN: 2010 Catherine et Claude Maréchal Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Lavierres

• 2010 Catherine et Claude Maréchal Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru Lavierres - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Savigny-lès-Beaune 1er Cru (9/18/2012)
    Dripping with luscious black cherries. Supported by crackling, minerally acidity. Tinged with freshly tilled earth. So pure fresh and vibrant. Claude certainly learnt a thing or two from his mate Henri Jayer.

Posted from CellarTracker

P:S: Eric, you’ve got Lavieres spelt wrongly in CT on this one.

Sounds great thanks, a wine worth looking for. I would be interested to know the relation to Henri Jayer?

Hi Mike,
I’m led to believe that Claude befriended Henri later in his life and Henri was somewhat of a mentor to him.
Best Regards
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, a worthy friendship. Can’t seem to find much on the Domaine, is it readily available across the ditch? I might see if my wife can pick up a bottle in Melbourne, she is there on Friday.

A mate of mine in Sydney is the importer and he gets a tiny allocation each year. I’ll try and find out who may have some in Melbourne for you.

Wine searcher shows that Rathdowne Cellars stocks some of the wines.

Thanks Kent, a little more than I was expecting it would be.

Patric Bize at Simon Bize certainly made some great Savigny Le Beaune in 2010 as well. His Aux Vergelesses is the best buy for the money I have ever done. €27 and 93p+ !!