TN: 2009 R. López de Heredia Rioja Rosado Viña Tondonia

Price aside, how does this compare to Tempier? Apples to oranges?

And to Chateau Simone, which is also a bit of an odd (yet awesome) bird of a rosè.

Pretty much. Tempier is fresher and doesn’t have the same complexity LdH has (nor the oxidative notes). I would almost say the rosado is more akin to LdH’s whites than to other roses.

Cracked and got another two cases of the 2008 at £39 a bottle. I really like the wine and am getting a bit uneasy about what’s happening with the prices on the secondary market. Christ knows we’ve seen enough crazy price-hikes on wines that in the past would only have been sought out by a few oddballs like us. Fingers crossed for the 2010 appearing at £22, like the 2009 when first released…

IIRC, a good friend has been drinking 93 and 97 lately. I had 64 and 76 about 10-15 years ago. Delish. Current price aside, i agree it’s an age worthy wine - probably the most ageworthy Rose made.

IME it will substitute well at the table with anything one might eat with the Blanco. Like a seafood paella or grilled seafood with lemon.

i’m just going to misplace it somewhere and forget about it… or drink it this sunday

See Markus above.