TN: 2009 Joseph Drouhin Morey St. Denis (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis)

• 2009 Joseph Drouhin Morey St. Denis - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Morey St. Denis (12/19/2013)
    Great every-day-er…creamy black cherry, blackberry…riper '09 fruit which works well for a village wine. Still quite soft and translucent…little sour skin crunch, pretty rose florals, earth spice, dried licorice/cherry, plum pudding. Nice round and soft feel, with the slightest tannic mineral grip……smoke and leather nuance. Killer village sipper here! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds good!

Second bottle confirms the first…dark berry fruits and spices…little forest and cinnamon…lovely florals…firm structure, so time is your friend. Super load up qpr here!

The more J Drouhin I drink, the more impressed I get. So terroir transparent, silky feminine with pretty florals and spices…the better one of the likes of Faiveley, Jadot, and Bouchard imo.

and a great family, too!

I have one bottle of this. Now I’m wishing I had bought more after reading your notes. I may take that bottle to MO’COOL in August, an offline near Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Thanks for the notes…picked up a few.

Thanks for the note, I need to pick up a couple. Just looked it up, like the price. My only experience with Drouhin is their 08 Chambolle Musigny which is pretty good but your note on the MSD intrigued me.

+1

I love Drouhin’s wines, but never buy many. Not sure why. Their Chambolle and Chambolle 1er Cru are personal favorites. The Gevrey is a nice value.