TN: 2009 Charles Joguet Chinon Les Petites Roches (France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon)

• 2009 Charles Joguet Chinon Les Petites Roches - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon (6/11/2011)
    Fresh red fruits on the nose with some pepper and some soily minerals. Burgundy like. The acidity carries plenty of length and a strong rocky mineral character. Brightly fruited but with plenty of secondary character to keep it from being fruity. The tannins are a bit hard and narrow. Terrific overall. Another winning 09 Chinon.

Posted from CellarTracker

The 2005 of this, which I had a few weeks ago, was kickass, but with a viciously black fruit profile. Interesting how it can swing from black to red between two vintages, both warm!

This sounds very good and very much to my taste in CF.

Thanks for the info David. I had seen this bottling before. I checked at their website and they seemed to say it was made for earlier drinking similar to the Cuvee Terroir though more like 5 years versus 2. But I can see where most of the 05 bottles are living well. Very complete wines.

I really need to pick up some Loire. Really enjoyed the bottle you shared. [cheers.gif]

Thanks, Chris. I’m really looking forward to the '09 Chinons. The '05 Petites Roches was an outstanding QPR, one I kicked myself over for not buying multiple cases.