TN: 2008 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge Vineyard

2008 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (4/27/2014)
And the RM excitement continues. Recently had the '10 Sonoma Co and really enjoyed it. This was steps above in both complexity and enjoyment. Savory and plush, exotic and generous, this wine was drinking as good as a domestic PN can get before tertiary development. An exquisite perfumed nose with animal, leather and raspberry aromas. Wonderful raspberry and cherry fruits with some mild baking spice on the palate. Long on the back end with a full mid palate punch, the wine just showed beautifully. Backroad says it’s the best PN he’s had all year. Cudos TRB!

Thanks for the note. Have 3 in Michigan . I’ll get to them as soon as I go thru my 2006’s.

I really like Occidental Ridge.

Had one of these last weekend and my notes are in sync with yours, a great wine. [cheers.gif]

Steve-Have you had the '06 Summa recently? I have one left, so curious.

Bought three have drunk none so can’t comment.

Drank the last 2005 on New Years Eve and it was excellent.

opening tonight at Frances in SF, will share thoughts

We had the 2004 Summa Old Vines out of mag last night and it showed beautifully.

Cheers! [cheers.gif]
Marshall

Glad to hear this. I have one regular bottle left and it is in the on-deck circle.