TN: 2008 Raveneau Montee de Tonnerre

i’ve heard versions of this over the years as well as potentially differences between the Dauvissat-Camus labeled bottles. Is this 100% confirmed?

The last 12 Forest i had was mildly oxed - it was a Camus label.

I can’t speak to the Camus label. That’s technically different than the Vineyard Brands version which has the original label. Not sure if the Camus label matches the Vineyard Brands version, or if it sees the same elevage as the wine in the French marketplace.

yeah—like 95 and 96 and others.

1 Like

I’ve had somewhere between 12-15 cases of Dauvissat since 2002, but only about a case of Raveneau. I’m fairly certain that I could tell the difference blind, but would love to have someone put me to the test. With regard to premox, some vintages were worse than others, but most all have been affected through 2012 in my experience. (I haven’t had much of any 2013’s or younger as I prefer them with age.) Quit buying afterr 2017 as prices are silly.

The Vineyard brnds wines historically were the same as the Dauvissat-Camus, but bottled much earlier. I have not had any difference in premox rates personally. The Dauvissat Camus wines, though, were always more affordable for me as they were direct imported into the Northwest. The Raveneau wines have always been far more expensive in the US–most have blamed this on Kermit Lynch (for me they have been cheaper in Europe than the Dauvissat wines).

This matches my take almost exactly. It’s not so much whether one is better but a question of stylistic preferences.