TN: 2008 Joseph Drouhin Clos Vougeot

• 2008 Joseph Drouhin Clos Vougeot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Clos Vougeot Grand Cru (4/9/2011)
    A very nice wine. Young, but with quite a lot of substance. Rather unexpectedly sweet on the nose, with slightly candied cherries alongside very Clos Vougeot notes of mint and bramble. The palate was rather more reserved with rich but not overtly sweet dark cherry flavours. It was nicely layered with a lot of substance, but nicely balanced and elegant in spite of its weight. A fine-boned tannin structure added a nice sense of firmness as the wine closed off in a long, meaty finish. It was very harmoniously integrated, which made it surprisingly approachable. This was a classy Clos Vougeot that should age really well. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note. Did you notice any prominent wood-toast?

Great note Paul. I was mega-impressed with the Clos St Denis from this vintage as well… I know baby-killer, right.

Hi Berry,

There was some wood, but no overt toastiness. Was that something you noticed on other bottles?

A few 07 drouhins seemed to have had more toast than I am used to from them. I have had zero 08 drouhins.