TN: 2008 Dom Perignon Champagne (France, Champagne)

But man that 04 Dom is drinking so well now and cheaper too.

The price difference is only a few dollars and the '04 is not nearly as good as the '08 is or will be.

I’m a huge fan of the 09 and went long. the small taste I had of the 08 was really legit, though. I’ll probably try to put away a couple cases. What’s the best place to buy the 08 in bulk atm?

Is the Legends label silver?

Saw some today on pre-arrival at $159.99 - good price???

you tasted 08 in LA??

Picked up a couple for $180 at Winehouse LA, 17 left. It appears to be a gold label?

Nah, in Europe when i was there earlier this month. Have a few friends with good lvmh connections.

Pre-sale at retail today in Mid-West for October delivery is 169.99. Wonder what Costco will offer it at?

I also got a $180 offer today out of California- and not biting on that.

Will- for the 2009, $150 is also the lower end of Texas retail- primarily at a certain upscale grocery chain with some of the best champagne prices in the state.

Given how pricing was handled with Cristal, I am expecting the low end of retail to be around $175, getting down to $160-165 with case discount.

I also expect the wine to be shamelessly allocated up front in very small quantities- as was 2008 Cristal. I got my case of 2008 Cristal months ago out of a tiny release that was largely designated for restaurants. All these months later and most stores are still selling the 2009. For all practical purposes, the 2008 Cristal has still not yet been “released” in this market- and Texas is a significant market for Cristal.

That said, there is a whole lot more Dom than Cristal in the world- so even with the gaming up front (starting with this fancy advance release label) and the expectation a lot more wine than usual goes into the library- I do not think Moet will be able to be quite as aggressive.

For my part, as soon as I can get it locally at $160 per, including discount, I will pull the trigger.

My Costco has 2009 for $159, so maybe $169?

2008 DP being offered at K&L now for $159.99 (pre-arrival).

It shows “add to waitlist” not “pre-arrival”
https://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1344996

That is CRAZY, I just ordered like 20 minutes ago, then I posted here…

hmm…

https://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1379551

Different SKU numbers, hence perhaps the varying status, but same wine.

I am going to wait and see what we get here in Texas, but if I could buy on the national market I would be jumping all over $160 a bottle. After my post earlier I checked current pricing on 2008 Cristal, and the WS average (and lowest listing) is above what I paid per bottle. So, Dom at $160- yes!

They know they can get hundreds of bottles

not that many, all gone…