TN: 2008 August West Pinot Noir Graham Family Vineyard

• 2008 August West Pinot Noir Graham Family Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (5/25/2010)
    We downed 2 bottles of this with dinner while in Denver. This vineyard produces some tasty fruit. I find them a bit simple but who cares when it tastes this good. Big red fruit aromatics with hints of toasty oak. This wine is big and ripe and the body is near being gobby but walks the line just fine. Big cherries and strawberries with a wrapping of clove and cinnamon. Good acidity but comes off as light with all the fruit. This shows the uniqueness of great cali pinot. (92 pts.)

Cheers,

Jason

Posted from CellarTracker

My favorite August West to date - great note

My favorite is the 2007 AW Rosellas - but seriously, you can’t go wrong with either!

Jason - thanks for the not and glad you enjoyed it. I’m not a big fan of Russian River pinot in general and this vineyard is no exception as your note pretty much describes why.

My pinot of the year so far. Thanks for the TN, Jason.

I basically stopped buy Pinots last year b/c of an overload…but this is one producer I will purchase in the future if I live long enough to drink down all the Pinot I now have to a more reasonable level.

I know we have done this multiple times but Frenchie made mention of a pinot smackdown at The VLG. I’ll throw out some dates and we’ll help you get your pinots down to a reasonable level [highfive.gif] I got some bottles I need to move too. Or maybe we’ll wait until the fall for this one. But set aside some bottles.

Jason

Nothing goes better with a Pinot Smackdown than gelatinous chili!