TN: 2007 Robert Craig Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain

• 2007 Robert Craig Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain - USA, California, Napa Valley, Howell Mountain (3/6/2014)
    Brought this to dinner in Albany with KenV and his friend The Collector. No notes, but this was delicious. Full bodied and dark. Even The Collector was impressed. This was my #2 WOTN after the '91 Ridge Monte Bello that Ken brought… (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I had the 07 Howell and Mount Veeder side-by-side a couple of months ago. Both were just beginning to open (the Howell perhaps a little more so). Both were delicious, and seemed very true to what I expect from their respective AVAs. Neither wine is cheap, but they definitely both deliver the goods and the winery seems a bit under the radar. Coming in second to 91 Monte Bello is nothing to be ashamed of!

Dan:

A few years ago we went to Robert Craig with some friends, who are members of their wine club. Robert Craig graciously poured all of their 2006 and 2007 Cabs and the 2007 Howell Mountain was my favorite. I liked it so much that I bought a couple!

Thanks,
Ed