TN: 2007 Pierre Gonon St. Joseph (France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, St. Joseph)

I didn’t know this Claude. Thanks. This must have happened in the last couple of years. David Lillie at Chambers Street was direct importing the wines since the 2004 vintage with some back vintages being released too. For some reason, I thought he was the only one on the east coast. I appreciate the information. Now this one might come to Atlanta!

Kermit has a very good label in the Gonon’s. Like Ray’s(Maison Ilan) wines getting picked up by Becky, this will make the price a little higher.
Cheers,

I think $34 is the lowest, however, when I bought these few bottles, they were 29.99

It seems to be one of those wines that you can put away for many years, take out, enjoy in a huge way, then look at the price tag and feel like a superstar.

Claude, are you sure about KLWM and Gonon? I looked on the KLWM web site, and there’s nothing about Gonon at all. I’ve seen the Gonon wines here in OR, and I’m pretty sure they don’t come through KLWM here, either.

Marshall – I only know what he told me last April. He was talking about how good Gonon was, and I said, yeah, how’d you let him slip by you, and he said that he didn’t – he has him for the whole country except CA.

They are imported in to NY by Fruit of the Vines, Inc. I thought?

Claude,

It turns out you were correct, they just had not hit OR through Kermit’s other distributor until recently.

Marshall

09 will be the vintage of a lifetime in the N.Rhone, at least according to RP who has rated it even higher than 03. Having just tasted a bunch at the Marche in Ampuis, I’m not going to be much of a buyer. It fits well with appellations such as St. Joseph though, which can be green and austere in average years. With a RP score of 98, you probably have a pretty good idea of the style of the wines [cheers.gif]

here’s a Gonon to look out for…
09 Pierre Gonon Vin de Pays de l’Ardèche Les Iles Feray
Chambers will have more in March…at $16.99 pre-buy it

Yup the 07 of that was awfully good, I bet the 09 would be terrific.