TN: 2007 Nicolas Potel Echezeaux (France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru)

Here goes . . . in the interest of posting more tasting notes . . .

• 2007 Nicolas Potel Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (11/20/2012)
    Medium red, with a light nose with hints of cherry. A modest midpalate with earth and hints of mushroom, and decent acidity. Finish shows modest tannins. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note. What do you think about the longevity of the wine? Potel’s tend to be a bit more rustic to me and I wonder if 07 has the fruit to hold up over time.

I’m far from a Burgundy expert, so I’d hate to say “hold” and have you keep something past its prime.

I’m curious if you see Potel’s bigger wines from 2007 developing with time. I bought some Petit Monts, but only a few bottles, and am puzzling over when to open them.

Judging by 2000, 2007s will start drinking well around 2014 at a bare minimum. They are not drinking all that well now.

Well, part of the question would be how comparable 2000 and 2007 are in their composition and likely developmental arcs. But a useful datum - thank you.

2007 Nicolas Potel Echezeaux - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Echezeaux Grand Cru (1/10/2015)
Classy, masculine wine. Ripe pure fruit on the nose with a touch of spice. Ditto on the palate. Good acidity. Finishes long with the spice recapitulating. Excellent, complete wine. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker