TN: 2007 Domaine Vrignaud Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume (France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru)

• 2007 Domaine Vrignaud Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (7/8/2009)
    Very light in color with strong notes of wet hay on the nose. Light palate initially showing white pear and peaches with good length and a tart grip. With air the palate becomes focused lemons with a tinge of caramel and creme brulee. Though not the intense focused minerally styled Chablis I like best this is very good especially considering the price.

Posted from CellarTracker
Another Garagiste winner at ~$20.

Cris,

I got the 2001 vintage of this from Garagiste, and have to say there were prem-ox issues. The juice was delicious, but way surprisingly advanced for its age. The creme brulee notes were really dominant in my bottles.

Thanks Chae. Seems to be far too common to risk cellaring your Chablis more than a couple years. Saw an 02 Fevre premoxed couple months ago.
headbang

Got the 07 Vrignaud VV from Garagiste for $26 and it was worth every penny. Very good now but will develop some nice complexity with some time. Glad you enjoyed the Fourchaume!