TN: 2007 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Cras

• 2007 Domaine G. Roumier / Christophe Roumier Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Cras - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru (12/11/2012)
    Has some of the flytox note on the nose that you see on many 07’s. There are also some florals and cherry fruit aromas. In the mouth it has a sweet, dark cherry heart that is perhaps a little soupy. It finishes with plenty of earth but lacks the vibrancy and detail that this vineyard in this maker’s hand often shows.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yes, had this last year didn’t change much, thanks for the notes. Btw, beautiful picture !

Much as I hate that flytox '07 thing, I still think Roumier has made some of my favorite ‘07’'s (along with Rousseau)…

Thanks for this note Jeremy.

Jeremy, thanks for posting. Sorry for being a bit thick, but what is this fly fox thing in the 2007’s?

Thnx Brodie

Jeremy,
I had a bottle last year and I thought it was fantastic for being a 2007. There was even some tannins in it. For me it was a solid 93p.

I am also curious about the flying foxes in the 2007 wines?

I’m with Hans honestly, a bottle I tried over dinner in September was fantastic. High acid, bright fruits, nervy if one had to pick a single word…

Flytox?

Sounds inherently nasty but I confess I don’t know the true derivation of “flytox” either. I often equate flies with toxicity but await the official Repast definition.

Cheers,
Doug

Fly spray. It is a light chemical character, slightly floral.

I get that note on some Pineau d’Aunis wines, but haven’t called it out on any 07s yet.

Have to keep my nose open…

I have never noticed that aroma. I use to associate red 2007 with orange peel.

Thanks for the note. Had a brilliant 07 F Esmonin Estournelles Saint Jacques over the weekend, seriously good. No one believed it was from F Esmonin… no fly spray.

Paul Hanna was perhaps the first to identify this trait that is in many 07’s. It’s kind of like the 04 greeny meany syndrome, once you notice the trait it is quite easy to pick in a lot of 07’s and is a good marker to pick the wines when served blind to you.

Tanacetum-blooms(pyrethrum) sounds better.nearly floral. [truce.gif]