TN: 2007 Château de Myrat - Sauternes (France, Bordeaux, Sau

LOL, don’t feel bad Brian, I bought a lot of this too. Perhaps I need to pop one. It’s been quite some time since my last.

Finally got around to cracking another, it’s been a couple or more years. Your note and score is pretty dead-on. Could use more acidity. Lovely botrytis, just could be more crisp.

What percentage of Sauternes TNs say “it needs more acidity?” It seems like more than half, and I’d probably have a higher percentage if I wrote Sauternes TNs.

That’s why I love Tokaji – they blend in highly acidic wine (verjus?) to create a sweet dessert wine that still has enough acid to balance the sweetness.

But I have liked the 2007 Myrat. Great bargain – one of the Sauternes junkies on the board pointed me to it a couple of years ago and I bought six of them. Needs a bit more acidity, though . . .

I agree, Chris, which is why I actually prefer Loire stickies.

This post needs more acidity.

{sigh} … yes, now it’s time to get working on my full case of halfs … pileon

Yes, it is a great and under-valued property.
Now, stop pumping up the price of my favorite sweet wine! [basic-smile.gif]

Paul

Hmm… I am going to have to do a search and see if I ever typed up my note that I referenced above.

I’ve been enjoying a bottle of the 2005 de Myrat [Sauternes] the last couple of nights. After it’s well chilled it feels like a good balanced dessert wine. I get orange peel and lemoncurd on the nose. My example is light colored and just medium bodied. It doesn’t have the crisp edge some estates can show, but its not flabby. I guess I’d call it balanced. We had the 2001 at the BWE SF confab a year or so ago…but after so many wines, its not a distinct memory, I can not fairly compare the 2005 to it. It’s easy to drink, and at 13.5% abv, a glass goes by quickly, and a soothing buzz emerges. Neil Martin wrote up a long form exposition on this in a WA maybe a year ago, prompting me to pick this up. Solid, and something to consider, if a deal flares up. I’d consider it a B+ sticky. But its not going to move me off my favorites like Coutet.

Hi Sauternes lovers,
is your experience the same as mine?
Once a bottle is opened, the second day it taste better, the 3th even more flirtysmile
So overhere there is alway a Sauternes in the refrigerator.