TN: 2007 Antonio Vallana e Figlio Boca (Italy, Piedmont, Northern Piedmont, Boca)

I’ve had two bottles in the last year and liked them enough to purchase an additional case for long term storage. They were definitely rustic, and the first bottle I had was still improving after 36 hours. I’m definitely not an expert, but I’m guessing that these will outlast me (if the cheap corks hold out).

Thanks, this is helpful! I am not too worried about the corks, I have had perfectly fine 50-year-old nebbiolos which apparently were held in the bottle mostly by their capsules.

I’ve notices at least 3 local bottle shops around here suddenly have 2006 Vallana Gattinara on the shelves for cheap too… Generally around $30. Of course theyr’e all touting a WE 95 score and the fact that its 10 y/o nebb ready to go. Anyone else seeing these and where did they come from? Any alto piedmont other than Travaglini is uncommon around here and i dare you to find something from Valtellina!

The 2006 Vallana Gattinara is very good and is drinking nicely, though there’s plenty of life ahead. We bought case, and drank through a few bottles quickly enough that we bought another. It’s easy to reach for, food friendly, and will give a lot of pleasure for the price.

Flickinger in CHI recently had an offer on the 06 as well, was blowing it out well under $30.

Just checked one shop nearby, the 2006 is on sale for $26. Might be time to grab a few.