TN: 2006 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Coopersmith (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley)

• 2006 Merry Edwards Pinot Noir Coopersmith - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (6/14/2009)
    Well this has been open two days and I gotta say it’s a little disappointing. Nice aromatics of cherries, purple flowers and wet concrete…but the palate is a bit muddled with dark creamy cherries, tartaric acid, some celery stalk along with a short finish…not gonna score this sucka. Hopefully my one other bottle is better…if ME is still using Enologix to predict scores, she oughta rethink it.

Posted from CellarTracker

Totally agree with you. Bought two of this and drank one a couple of months ago. It was okay but a bit short of what I expected. Just lacking in depth. I didn’t put a score but if I had to, probably 87-89.

Hopeful that the other bottle will be better but for now, it goes to the back of the cellar.

clem - 87 pts would be about right. IT’s well made, very good but just not excellent and doesn’t live up to the price.