TN: 2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Keefer Ranch Vineyard

• 2006 Kosta Browne Pinot Noir Keefer Ranch Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (7/28/2009)
    Opened and consumed within 2 hours. I loved the color on this wine. Very dark, but still transparent, ruby red. Cherries and more cherries on the nose with a touch of allspice. Lots of big fruit flavors on the palate with decent balance on the alcohol (14.7%). Overall a very nice wine made in the big California style but on the other hand, I feel that the ‘bigness’ of this wine results in a lack of some of the subtle characteristics of the Russian River Valley. While most KB fans would probably go gaga over this wine, I find myself preferring the cheaper Russian River Valley bottling from Kosta Browne over this one. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I haven’t had any of the KB 07s yet.

Of the 06s I’ve only had the Amber Ridge, SC and RRV and this one and, so far, the Keefer at the bottom of my list. I’m not saying that it isn’t good, but I do think it underperformed.

Looking at my CT notes, the only other Keefer fruit I’ve had was in a couple of bottles of 2007 AP Vin Keefer Pinot. Interestingly enough, after having tried all of the 07 AP Vin wines, I put the Keefer at the bottom of that list as well. Maybe I’m just not a Keefer fan… [dontknow.gif]

The 05 keefer from Freeman rocks. The 07 is also awesome.

i do enjoy Ed’s wines quite a lot. Perhaps I’ll give one of his Keefer wines a try.