TN: 2006 Domaine Marquis d'Angerville Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Ducs

Exactly so, Keith, I am looking forward to it. One thing Burgundy is absolutely never about is the struggle between fruit and tannin. The failure to grasp this point is behind most misunderstandings of the wine.

An interesting quote from Jacky Truchot is that red burgundy ages on its acid, not tannins.

Just as misguided and oversimplified if you ask me. Wine doesn’t age “on” anything - if it were that simple you could just figure out how much acid you needed and “adjust” accordingly… I don’t think very many actual, men-in-lab-coat type studies have been done on what makes some wines ageable and other wines not. (And make no mistake, you can take any ageable wine and find another wine with pretty much the same tech spechs that does nothing with age.) I think all that can fairly be said is that some wines do and some wines don’t - and whether they do seems to depend more on what they are than what they’re made of, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Back to the topic at hand, anyone care to venture a theory what dishwater and charcoal have in common, being that so many people are describing the GMT’s as one or the other or both? I dunno what you guys are washing your dishes with, but…

Kingsford flavored Dawn dishsoap. Why?

Im not following this. Whats the difference?

i did avoid most 06’s due to purchasing so many 05’s - I did, however, buy a mixed case of Bachelet. Obviously, Gevrey wines have been reported to be hit hard with GMT - does anyone have any experience with Bachelet?

Bill, I drank some CdNV from Bachelet a couple of years ago (friends poured it with the duck at their wedding dinner) and it was fine but I haven’t had any since.

Decided to try a 2006 Domaine Humbert Freres Charmes Chambertin based on this thread. The first bottle had some black mold/powder on the top of the cork and raging TCA when opened.

Second and last bottle had a lot of wood and tannins upfront but underneath some really nice spice aromas and good fruit. This would have been really good in 10-20 years probably.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t.

Thanks Maureen - I will stay patient and hope for the best!

During the last 18 monts or so I have drunk the following 2006´s:
Chambolle Musigny from Mugnier, Dujac, Roumier.
GC VV from Mortet, Sylvie Esmonin and Fourrier. All Fourriers 1ere Cru. CSJ from Sylvie Esmonin + many more
All wines have been flawless, fresh and wonderful tasting. This vintage have not yet closed (not in my cellar, that is)
/Claus

I recently had the '06 l’Enfant Jesus & the '06 d’Angerville 1er Volnay–test bottles based on this thread. Both wines were young, but completely taint free.

Smart move, and many thanks.

anyone have any recent notes on 2006 (particularly in Volnay)?