TN: 2005 Verget Meursault.....screw cap and cork....

• 2005 Verget Meursault - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (12/9/2010)
    Interesting…now I have this wine under a cork instead of the screw cap…it seems richer, less high toned, but still amazing minerals, crushed flint, showing more truffle honey, yet carrying plenty of citrus acidity. I think the cork has let this wine age out better, showing what its true calling is with years on it. And this is a Village wine??? What tastiness! (93 pts.)
  • 2005 Verget Meursault - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (4/13/2009)
    This is my third time with this wine…and I got to tell ya…I dig it! For a simple Village wine, it’s very tasty. High toned, bright citrus fruit, melon, minerals galore, nice cut of green apple/lemon/lime acidity…enough complexity of chalk, honey butter, white blossom florals to make it interesting. Seems very “fresh” in the screw cap. If I could get this wine in the $20’s I’d drink it all day long! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker on GrapeStories.com

My wife and I have been drinking the heck out of this wine, albeit 04 and 06, for some time now. A local vendor always seems to have it for <$30, and it’s always fantastic. Love the 04 more than than the 06, but still love the 06 just a bigger wine. Clean, crisp, great acidity and minerality. Even the 06s have been nicely balanced, though I’ve liked the 04 better (wife likes the 06 better)

I’ve not tried the 05, I’m sure it’s fantastic, this wine plays above its pay grade always, terrific QPR

Thanks for the note, Brian!