TN: 2005 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese

• 2005 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese - Germany, Mosel Saar Ruwer (10/16/2022)
    Joy. At once heady and full of sensual delights and at the same time, this had my cranium working in over drive to decipher all that was going on in my glass last night, and there lots to consider. The essence of a perfectly ripe yellow peach holds centerstage, with an abundance of baking spices in orbit that competes quite the Auslese solar system. I think if you isolated the acidity, it would be at a pretty respectable level, but as such, its buried under the wealth of material upstairs but it does its job, this is fresh as a spring daisy. The sweetness is interwoven into the fabric with great skill and care, making this a very versatile pairing partner IMHO. Served with papaya / mango / Persian Cucumbers with savory sprinkles (diced Nori / Lemon zest / salt / Aleppo Pepper / black sesame seeds) and Manchego that was marinated in a orange and rosemary infused olive oil with garlic. Joy. (95 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

6 Likes

Sounds great, and the (imaginative) pairings sound excellent for this purpose.

Was just putting this wine away last night after our move, and thought it was still probably at least 5 years away. Your note doesn’t dissuade me from that, although it sounds delicious now, too.

Love Wehlener Sonnenuhr. Great note!

Certainly no crime to open now but this has at least 7/8 of a tank left for cellar cruising.

Prum really nailed it in 2005.

Thx for sharing and love the note. Great to hear where this is at and its right where I’d hoped. Sitting on a small pile so can spare some sooner and hold some for later. Also agree that JJ pretty much stuck the landing in 05.

1 Like

The papaya thing sounds really tasty too.

1 Like