TN: 2005 Domaine Tollot-Beaut Beaune 1er Cru Grèves

• 2005 Domaine Tollot-Beaut Beaune 1er Cru Grèves - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Beaune 1er Cru (6/6/2013)
    I’ve always loved the wines from Tollot-Beaut. This is no exception. Decanted for one hour. Wow, this surprised at how drinkable. Dark color, big aromas of dark fruits with a lot of earth and just starting to get a touch of secondary. Velvet and silk on the palate…Beautiful fruit and soft tannins make this so easy to drink now, yet I’m sure it will continue to get better with time. It did seem to close down a bit after about 3 hours. Lovely wine and an '05 one can enjoy now! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

That is very encouraging news, Roger. I’ve been so leery of opening any 05s and I have some of their Savigny-Les-Beaunes La Lavieres that I was thinking of popping. I may do so on the heels of this note, though I’d be aware that Beaunes should be the first wines to be accessible from the vintage.

Skal,

Mike

Roger,

Thanks for the TN. I am also a fan, especially since the prices haven’t skyrocketed compared to some other producers.