TN: 2005 Domaine Grand Veneur Côtes du Rhône Villages Les Champauvins Vieilles Vignes

• 2005 Domaine Grand Veneur Côtes du Rhône Villages Les Champauvins Vieilles Vignes - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Côtes du Rhône Villages (8/7/2009)
    Wow, this was downright fantastic. The wife and I planned on having one glass each and ended up killing the bottle. Bought 6 of these a couple years ago and am now down to 1 after this. Nice reddish/purple color to it. Nose ripe black cherry, leather and earth. Medium bodied wine with the cherry and a little raspberry coming through as well. The acidity in this is fantastic, it keeps the wine refreshing and lively and the tannins which are softening a little give this some good backbone. Still has quite a while left to go. Killer QPR…

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note Yoni. I’ve got a 05 DGV CdR Reserve I’ve been waiting to open. Sounds like this was at a nice stage in its evolution.

John,
I haven’t had the reserve, but I’m sure it’s going to be fantastic. Your right, I think I caught this at a nice stage. Makes me want to open the other one, but I’ll probably wait a year or 2 just to see how it turns out.