TN: 2005 Dehlinger Pinot Noir Estate (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley)

• 2005 Dehlinger Pinot Noir Estate - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (6/26/2009)
    A very healthy dose of oak on the nose, overpowering most everything else, but a bit of red fruits and strawberry does does come through. Medium bodied, high does of acidity, but also a high dose of alcohol. Spicy red fruits coming through on the palate, but still overcome with oak (to me). I will wait at least a full year before the next bottle - it needs time to integrate. All the components are there, and you can taste the quality to come, but in due time. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note Todd - adds to my resolve to be patient!

Thanks for the note. I have a lone bottle that I buried upon arrival. I have not plans to dig it out until at least 2013 … hopefully the components will come together and we’ll get what we expect Dehlinger.

Jason

The reason I decided to pop it is because the '05 Goldridge seems to be going well now based on the recent feedback. Apparently the Estate is less approachable at present.

Interesting version as most Cali Pee-notes either shave my head or go completely beneath my radar, not that we have many readily available in the UK. Nice note.