TN: 2005 Chateau La Confession, St. Emilion

Of course I cannot tell the future for sure but I have confidence in what I wrote above. Let’s meet for dinner in 2028 and I’ll uncork one of these, and we can see together.

The Sanctus has a shot at improvement IMHO. The La Confession…my better half, much to my surprise, seemed to enjoy it…so I won’t categorically rule it out.

The Faugeres is already port-like, more so on day 2. I don’t see how it makes a comeback. Without any prompting (I wasn’t home and hadn’t mentioned the wine)…my wife wouldn’t finish her glass, left most of the bottle untouched and went to the cellar for some Beaujolais. She expressed hope that I was giving all the remaining Faugeres to charity!

RT

I have about 5 cases of 2005 Bdx split between left and right bank, none of which I’ve touched since release. About half are traditional with the rest varying degrees of modern. Not the specific wines mentioned here but you guys are making me nervous. I’ve obviously placed my bets on these developing into real Bordeaux with aged complexity at 20+ years. I’m more tolerant of ripe fruit, alcohol and oak than the true AFWE palate but I’ve been drifting in that direction. Time will tell. I’m starting to think that some of them will end up on the auction block.

2003 La Confession was pretty tedious.

Normally I like the Janouiex wines too.

Have not tried 2005 though.

The '05 Peby scored 100points, bet u can guess what it tastes like

Apart from a 1980 Château La Gaffelière drunk last year, we’ve drunk no St Emilion wines in the last 7 years, and there are none in the cellar.
We do however still buy & drink Pomerol

I’ve rotated a few more 2005s in to the on-deck circle. Hoping that the batting average improves.

RT