TN: 2004 Peay Vineyards Syrah La Bruma (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

2004 Peay Vineyards Syrah La Bruma - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (4/11/2010)
WIML90+

Dark garnet color in the glass, fairly clear hue throughout. Nose of boyseneberry, black berries and black cherries that carries through to the palate. Perhaps some added notes of plums. Medium acidity, tannins and body. Drink or hold. (90 pts.)

Oh boy do I love this. Made in Northern Sonoma Co between Cloverdale and Sea Ranch this is elegant, complete, balanced, cold-weather Syrah from some of this countries most breathtaking land.

A touch green and spicy on the nose but reserved spice, maybe some white pepper and iodine too with a deft oak touch. Solid background dark fruit to smell as well. Silky mouth feel and full of fruit that favors blue & black. Tannin structure is perfect and this is what they sometimes have a tough time with in Napa; finish that is powerful but smooth

I love this wine, ~ $50 but like a new world version of Hermitage.

This has become my favorite bottle from Peay so far.

This was one of the better bottles of syrah I’ve had in the last year. Beautifully balanced with great fruit and an undercurrent of pine and earth. Great wine.