TN: 2004 Joh. Jos. Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätle

2004 Joh. Jos. Prüm Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese - Heaven in a glass. Incredible aromatics, balance, complexity and flavor. I couldn’t think of anything I’d do to improve it. Prum has it going on.

Wish I’d bought more than 3 bottles [oops.gif]

There are lots of great vintages of Prum and no shortage of wine. Buy more.

Love '04. Better than '05 for me. Especially for the Graach wines.

Here is my note on the Kabinett from Graacher Himmelreich from '09. A killer wine. http://rockssandfruit.blogspot.com/2009/05/kabinett.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I own and plan to buy more prum, I just want more of this particular wine

Ditto

I just drank the 2002 last week and have another bottle onhand. My friend didn’t like it. He said it was too sweet. Are you kidding me? It’s not sweet, but that’s a whole different issue. I thought it was great and drank the whole bottle myself. Then I checked the alcohol content, as I didn’t seem to be “feeling it”. 8% alcohol. Nice. What an enjoyable bottle for $20. My note :

Lovely nose of sweetness, fruit, minerality and crispness. Almost as good to drink. Could use a little more mineral taste. Still, very enjoyable. 91

However, the 2002 GH auslese didn’t do much for me last year. Maybe it was the sweetness. :slight_smile:

all over wine-searcher for fair prices . . .
alan

Cool. Maybe I should try wine-searcher again but the couple times I tried it the retailers didnt have the wine in stock and tried upselling me. This was a while ago though.

Yes, their program mines wine listings on the web that may be out of date. Still, they are often current, too.

I’ve found the 2004 vintage to be overlooked and quite good. Prum & Christoffel are excellent that year.

Not sure if you meant the pun, but you are spot on there. Himmelreich, of course, means the Kingdom of Heaven. I always thought it was a very high-faluting kinda name for a vineyard, but when JJ Prum’s wines from that plot are good, they are really good.

Wow, I had no idea

Haha, well, your instincts must have guided you in the right path!! [dance-clap.gif]